The Completion Incentive Grant is awarded to students who complete a credential after August 1, 2012 and received a full-time Albert Student Loan at any point during studies for that credential.
Eligible students will receive:
- $1,000 for certificate programs requiring one year of less to complete.
- $1,500 for certificate and diploma programs requiring more than one year to complete.
- $2,000 for undergraduate degree programs.
If you are in your final year of studies and currently receiving funding through Student Aid Alberta, you are automatically considered for the Completion Incentive Grant. You can confirm this by logging onto your Student Aid Alberta account at www.studentaid.alberta.ca or by calling 1-855-606-2096.
You will be eligible for the grant, but not automatically considered if:
- You are in your final year of studies and did not receive funding through Student Aid Alberta for the current term.
- You did not indicate that you are in your final year of studies on your application to Student Aid Alberta for your current funding.
If you are not automatically considered for the grant you must submit the paper application (found at www.studentaid.alberta.ca) to Student Aid Alberta. The application must be received by Student Aid Alberta at least 30 days before your program end date.
If you have any questions about the grant please call the Student Aid Alberta Service Centre at 1-855-606-2096.