Street Team Members Needed
The Students’ Association is looking for three energetic and outgoing Red Deer College students to make up its 2019-2020 Street Team. The Street Team is responsible for overseeing the promotion of Association programs, services, elections, and Community & Wellness campaigns and events while also assisting in the execution of varying events. The team will be comprised of three self-motivated individuals who will be responsible for engaging with others on a personal basis in order to promote the Students’ Association among the campus community. Additionally, the Street Team will be a part of attaining information for surveys as the Association continues to better serve its Members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Spreading SA awareness through word-of-mouth marketing techniques
• Encouraging students to support events and utilize current programs and services
• Operating as a “face” of the Students’ Association
• Attending relevant events
● Assisting in the set up and take down of event materials (duties and specific events set by the Marketing and Communications Coordinator)
● Distributing SA marketing materials/literature (i.e. posters, stickers, flyers, handbills, etc.) regarding upcoming events, programs, and services
● Supporting the Governance Coordinator during elections
● Running on-campus student surveys
● Visiting the Donald School of Business once a month to further promote the Students’ Association and engage with students
Education & Experience
● Current student at Red Deer College who will be attending classes during the 2019 Fall term
● Current Association Member
Skills & Abilities
● INITIATIVE: Possesses creativity and open-mindedness in developing strategies and delivering Association goals.
● SOCIALABILITY: Strong oral communication skills and willingness to talk with students on campus about upcoming events, elections, etc.
● RESPONSIBILITY: Demonstrates moral, ethical, and professional responsibility.
● FLEXIBILITY: Demonstrates the ability to perform multiple tasks in an environment where priorities can change rapidly.
● PARTICIPATION: Establishes relationships and maintains a positive working relationship with students, staff, and fellow team members.
● CONSIDERATION: Recognizes and fosters a culture of acceptance and inclusiveness.
● TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that foster organizational goals.
● EFFICIENCY: Accomplishes all required tasks effectively and in set time frames.
• The successful candidates must be available starting Monday, August 26th.
• This is an hourly position totaling 10-15 hours a week per team member. These hours will primarily be served Monday-Friday, though some evenings and weekends may be required. Please note, each week’s schedule will be different based on the week’s events/requirements. Nevertheless, student schedules will be considered.
Please submit your resume in person at the Students’ Association Office (room 2010 on main campus) or online. If submitting online, please include the job code “ST2019” beside your name. Job posting will remain open until the positions are filled.
Receptionist Needed for the SA Office
● Ensures Association Members, visitors, clients, and other guests are assisted and/or directed to the appropriate offices
● Answers, screens, and re-directs main line calls and email inquiries
● Assist with the delivery of all Association Programs & Services, including the Used Bookstore, Lockers, Transit, Food Bank
● Responsible for opening and closing the Association office
● Ensures that mail is picked up, delivered, and sent out daily
● Ensures all pertinent events and closures are posted on Outlook calendars of Executive Council and staff
● Orders office supplies as needed
● Maintains supplies and places service calls as needed for office equipment (copiers, registers, etc.)
● Assists the Operations and Finance Manager with daily duties such as filing source documents
● Assist Marketing office with monitoring bulletin boards
● Provide support to the Vice President Community & Wellness and Programs & Services Coordinator as needed
● Assists student groups with room & table bookings, mail delivery, banking, and general inquiries
● Maintains an understanding of the Association Bylaws and policies
● Other duties as determined by the Programs & Services Coordinator or Executive Director
Education & Experience
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
● Experience working in a fast paced environment
● Customer Service experience
● Open to RDC students, preference not given to students.
• Term-certain, September – December
• 20 hours per week
o Monday 9am – 1pm
o Tuesday 10am – 2pm
o Wednesday 9am – 1pm
o Thursday 10am – 2pm
o Friday 12:30pm – 4:30pm
• Must be available to work 8:30am – 4:30pm one Friday a month
Please submit your resume in person at the Students’ Association Office (room 2010 on main campus) or online. If submitting online, please include the job code “REC2019” beside your name.
Cook Needed for the Far Side Grill
o Measures and prepares ingredients for menu items
o Collaborate with Kitchen Manager and Cook to prepare and cook orders
o Adhering to Food Safe standards and regulations
o Understand and adhere the organization’s policies and procedures, cooking methods, standard portion sizes, kitchen rules and quality standards
o Ensures that the kitchen is kept sanitized and orderly at all times
o Monitors the quality and consistency of all food served
o Set-up, rotate and restock items as per established procedures
o Assists in the cleaning, sanitation and organization of the kitchen
o Assist in the front line as needed
o Performs additional responsibility as directed by the Manager at any time
o 1-2 year experience as a cook
o Knowledge on proper food handling and safety procedures
o Able to work as part of a team in a busy kitchen environment
o Food Safety certification is an asset
o Good communication skills
Please submit your resume in person at the Students’ Association Office (room 2010 on main campus), to the Far Side Grill, or online. If submitting online, please include the job code “CK2019” beside your name.
Part-time Staff Needed for the Fall and Winter Term at:
- The Lift
- The Far Side Grill
Please submit your resume and class schedule to the SA Office (room 2010) or to your desired place of employment.
The Students’ Association tries to meet the needs of students in a variety of ways and is proud to be one of the largest employers of students at Red Deer College. It employs students in a variety of areas including the Far Side Bar & Grill and the Lift.
Monies generated are used to provide services, events, awareness campaigns, and help fund student scholarships and awards at RDC.