Street Team Members Needed
The Students’ Association is looking for three energetic and outgoing Red Deer College students to make up its 2019-2020 Street Team. The Street Team is responsible for overseeing the promotion of Association programs, services, elections, and Community & Wellness campaigns and events while also assisting in the execution of varying events. The team will be comprised of three self-motivated individuals who will be responsible for engaging with others on a personal basis in order to promote the Students’ Association among the campus community. Additionally, the Street Team will be a part of attaining information for surveys as the Association continues to better serve its Members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Spreading SA awareness through word-of-mouth marketing techniques
• Encouraging students to support events and utilize current programs and services
• Operating as a “face” of the Students’ Association
• Attending relevant events
● Assisting in the setup and takedown of event materials (duties and specific events set by the Marketing and Communications Coordinator)
● Distributing SA marketing materials/literature (i.e. posters, stickers, flyers, handbills, etc.) regarding upcoming events, programs, and services
● Supporting the Governance Coordinator during elections
● Running on-campus student surveys
● Visiting the Donald School of Business once a month to further promote the Students’ Association and engage with students
Education & Experience
● Current student at Red Deer College who will be attending classes during the 2019 Fall term
● Current Association Member
Skills & Abilities
● INITIATIVE: Possesses creativity and open-mindedness in developing strategies and delivering Association goals.
● SOCIALABILITY: Strong oral communication skills and willingness to talk with students on campus about upcoming events, elections, etc.
● RESPONSIBILITY: Demonstrates moral, ethical, and professional responsibility.
● FLEXIBILITY: Demonstrates the ability to perform multiple tasks in an environment where priorities can change rapidly.
● PARTICIPATION: Establishes relationships and maintains a positive working relationship with students, staff, and fellow team members.
● CONSIDERATION: Recognizes and fosters a culture of acceptance and inclusiveness.
● TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that foster organizational goals.
● EFFICIENCY: Accomplishes all required tasks effectively and in set time frames.
• The successful candidates must be available starting Monday, August 26th.
• This is an hourly position totaling 10-15 hours a week per team member. These hours will primarily be served Monday-Friday, though some evenings and weekends may be required. Please note, each week’s schedule will be different based on the week’s events/requirements. Nevertheless, student schedules will be considered.
Please submit your resume in person at the Students’ Association Office (room 2010 on main campus) or online. If submitting online, please include the job code “ST2019” beside your name. Job posting will remain open until the positions are filled.
Part-time Staff Needed for the Fall and Winter Term at:
Please submit your resume and class schedule to the SA Office (room 2010) or to the Far Side Grill.
_ _ _ _ _ _
The Students’ Association tries to meet the needs of students in a variety of ways and is proud to be one of the largest employers of students at Red Deer College. It employs students in a variety of areas including the Far Side Bar & Grill and the Lift.
Monies generated are used to provide services, events, awareness campaigns, and help fund student scholarships and awards at RDC.