Interested in a Student Councillor position?
As per SARDC bylaw 6.5.1, any Member of the Association may let their name stand for a Councillor position unless they are a full-time employee of the Association. Further criteria include:
- enrollment in at least 3 College credits,
- be in good academic standing,
- not a collaborative student, and
- not a College employee.
For more information, please visit the SARDC bylaws article VI.
How about Executive Council?
As per SARDC bylaw 7.4.1, any Member of the Association may let their name stand as a candidate for Executive Council if:
- they have achieved a GPA of at least 2.0 during the most previous Fall term, and
- they have not previously served two elected terms as an Association Executive. However, one may let their name stand as a candidate if four years have elapsed since serving their second elected term.
Are you a collaborative student? You can run for Executive Council; however, you must be a RDC student the following year to maintain your position during the fall and winter terms.
For more info, please visit the SARDC bylaws article VII.
If you have any questions about the nomination and election process or Councillor and Executive Council responsibilities, contact Janelle Grue at [email protected].